2015 TDS Women’s DI Best XI teams
Another women’s DI season is in the books, and a new champion is atop the heap.
The Penn State women’s soccer team emerged victorious this year thanks in large part to the performance of the 2015 TopDrawerSoccer.com Player of the Year Raquel Rodriguez.
Her leadership, performance and all-around excellence for the newly crowned national champions helped her edge talented defenders Emily Sonnett and Kadeisha Buchanan for the award. Rodriguez scored the game-winning goal in the national championship game to cap off a sensational college campaign, and a 2015 that featured her score the first World Cup goal in Costa Rica’s history.
Another player at this year’s College Cup nabbed the Freshman of the Year award: Florida State Irish ace Megan Connolly. The ACC Midfielder of the Year enjoyed a tremendous introduction to women’s college soccer, scoring nine goals and adding 10 assists for the Seminoles. Connolly also earns Third Team Best XI honors, a rarity for first year players.
The full TopDrawerSoccer.com women’s DI Best XI teams can be seen below.
Player of the Year: Raquel Rodriguez, Penn State
Freshman of the Year: Megan Connolly, Florida State
TopDrawerSoccer.com Postseason Best XI Teams
Goalkeeper: Casey Murphy (Rutgers)
Goalkeeper: Kailen Sheridan (Clemson)
Goalkeeper: Abby Smith (Texas)
Freshman Best XI
Goalkeeper: Sarah Le Beau (Auburn)
Goalkeeper: Ella Dederick (Washington State)
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: Nov.27-Dec. 3
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Tracking Division I Coaching Changes
- GA Winter Showcase/Champions Cup Photos
- Men's DI Tournament Quarterfinal Preview
- MLS Next Fest U19 Players to Watch
- Women's Dl Tournament Final Four Preview
- 2024 Women’s DI Recruiting Ranks: Nov.
- ECNL Girls Tennessee Players to Watch
- Stanford's Path to Women's College Cup