Eagles top Francis Marion 2-0
ROCK HILL, SC - Francis Marion University created scoring opportunities, but the Patriots were unable to convert any into goals as FMU saw its two-match winning streak snapped by a 2-0 loss to Winthrop University, Friday night (Sept. 14) in non-conference women's college soccer action.
Francis Marion (4-3-1) will conclude its two-match weekend road trip by playing at Elon University on Sunday at 2 p.m.
Winthrop (3-4) took a 1-0 lead when Krystyna Freda chipped a shot over FMU goalkeeper Taylor O'Berry from 18 yards out in the seventh minute. The score remained 1-0 until Freda scored on a free kick from 23 yards in the 71st minute.
The Eagles led in shots 21-7, although the Patriots earned more corner kicks, 8-6. Both Yasmin Bunter and Brittney Smith recorded two shots to pace FMU.
O'Berry finished with eight saves, while Winthrop's Amelia Henderson made three stops.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: June 21-27
- TDS announces the TDS Winter Showcase
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Recruiting Views: An Ivy League class
- Commitments: Selecting an SEC school
- Girls Academy League Playoff Preview
- ECNL announces draw for playoffs
- Oregon State forward signs in Austria
- Girls Academy Talent ID: Mid-America
- IMG Top Club Soccer Players: Boys 2024
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s