Five Things to Know: Strong starts
The women’s Division I season continued, as conference action begins in a trio of big league this weekend.
Here are five things to know from last week’s action.
1. What strong starts carry over into conference play?
Several programs from prominent leagues wrapped up strong non-conference schedules. The question ahead of conference action is whether or not that carries over. As the ACC begins, Wake Forest has an 8-0 record and hasn’t conceded a goal; does that take them to a home win against Virginia to open the season? Pittsburgh has a 7-1 record, with wins against Oklahoma State and the lone defeat against TCU. Boston College is 6-1-1. How those marks stand up in conference play will be telling.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: August 8-14
- 2022 DI College Soccer Preview Content
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- 2022 Big Ten Women's Soccer Preview
- Best Unsigned MLS NEXT All Stars
- College Players Abound on U20 WC Rosters
- U15 GNT Wins CONCACAF Championship
- U20 World Cup Players to Watch
- DPL Announces New Player ID Platform
- USA Advances to U15 CONCACAF Title Game
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s