BOSTON – Sophomore Hannah Lopiccolo scored two goals and set up another as the Northeastern women's soccer team (5-1-0) rolled to its fifth straight win in a 3-0 victory over Maine on Sunday before a crowd of 654 at Parsons Field.
Lopiccolo's five points tied a single-game career high, originally set on Sept. 28, 2014 against Elon. Sophomore Kayla Cappuzzo also scored for Northeastern as the Huskies extended their home unbeaten streak to 11 straight games (9-0-2) dating back to last season.
• Lopiccolo opened the scoring in the 28th minute off a beautiful through-ball from junior Kimberly Slade. Lopiccolo ran onto the pass on the left wing, before drilling a shot inside the right post at the 27:22 mark.
• Cappuzzo doubled the lead just 3:38 after the halftime interval. Lopiccolo set up the play with a cross from the left wing that found the boot of Cappuzzo, who made no mistake with a first-time finish inside the right post from the center of the box.
• Lopiccolo then struck again in the 69th minute to cap a five-star performance. With Maine keeper Claudia Dube-Trempe (two saves) caught out of position, sophomore Carly Wilhelm won possession and touched the ball back to Lopiccolo, who floated a high-arcing shot under the crossbar from more than 30 yards away.
Stats of the Game
• Northeastern kept its first clean-sheet of the season after posting 17 shutouts a year ago.
• Cappuzzo scored her fourth goal of the season to match her scoring output from her freshman campaign (four goals in 23 matches)
• The 654 people in attendance set a new record for the largest crowd at a Northeastern women's soccer game at Parsons Field.
• The Huskies will look to stay hot when they travel across town to face Boston College on Thursday at 7 p.m.