Men’s Division I Top 25: Sept. 22
The merry go round at the top of the men’s Division I Top 25 continues for another week after the former top team Creighton was upset 1-0 at home to Saint Louis on Saturday. The Jays drop to No. 5 in the standings following the loss while the Billikens debut at No. 19.
Notre Dame returns to the No. 1 spot following a 1-1 draw on Sunday on the road against No. 4 Virginia. Both programs wanted to take three points away from the conference clash but goals from Patrick Hodan and Eric Bird plus some timely saves left the ACC teams sharing the points.
UCLA jumps back to the No. 2 spot following a 1-0 win over UC Santa Barbara on Saturday. The Bruins have kept its last three opponents scoreless. While the offense has only scored once during that stretch, there is sign of light at the end of the tunnel as a few key Bruins player appear closer to regaining full fitness.
Fellow Pac-12 program Washington(m) hops in at No. 3. The Huskies spent the weekend in Florida and collected wins over Florida Gulf Coast(m) and South Florida.
Virginia and Creighton round out the top five. The Cavaliers battled to that 1-1 draw against Notre Dame despite playing down a man through the second half and overtime.
photo via virginiasports.com
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: May 23-29
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- MLS Next Pro is Drawing College Stars
- Girls Club Standouts: May 21-22
- MLS Next Flex Under-19 Best XI
- 2022 Girls IMG Academy Player Rankings
- Commitments: Heading to the ACC
- MLS Next Flex Under-17 Best XI
- Big 12 Women's Breakout Players to Know
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s