ITHACA, N.Y. -After nearly 68 minutes without a goal, the Dartmouth men's soccer team came out on the losing end of a 2-1 double overtime loss to Cornell. The win gives Cornell sole possession of second-place in the Ivy League standings with one week left in the regular season.

Cornell (14-1-0, 5-1-0 Ivy League) used a goal from Tyler Regan at 102:37 mark to seal the win, keeping the Big Red perfect at home this season. The overtime loss was the fourth overtime loss for the Big Green this season.

Dartmouth (8-7-0, 4-2-0 Ivy League) controlled play in the first overtime session, receiving shots on goal from Gabe Hoffman-Johnson (Falmouth, Maine) and Colin Heffron (Upper Brookville, N.Y.), but still couldn't get one past Pflasterer.

Goalkeeper Noah Cohen (Johannesburg, South Africa) spearheaded the Big Green backline and made seven saves in the contest. As a group, the team held the nations leading scorer, Daniel Haber, without a goal despite six shots on goal.

The Big Green opened the second half, looking for an offensive spark. Brad Jacobson (Larchmont, N.Y.) and Patrick Murray (Lakewood, Ohio) opened with two quick shots to test Cornell goalkeeper, Rick Pflasterer but he turned both shots away.

On the offensive side of the ball, Heffron led the way with three shots on goal, the team as a whole posted 14 shots.

The teams tested each other throughout the remainder of regulation with both teams putting on extreme pressure in the final minutes of regulation. Heffron and Alberto Gorini (Incisa Valderno, Italy) both had opportunities but couldn't break through.

Cornell's Haber also had two looks late in the half but neither team could capitalize sending the Big Green to its fifth overtime contest.

In a fairly even first half, it took the Big Green a little bit of time to get into rhythm on the offensive end of things. Cornell opened the game with the first five shots of the contest, attempting to test the Big Green defense early.

The Dartmouth backline turned the Big Red away and was bolstered by a save from Cohen on a Haber shot in the 13th minute.

Dartmouth took the early lead on goal from Heffron at the 28:54 mark.  The sophomore midfielder connected with a free kick from Kevin Dzierzawski (Oakland Township, Mich.) to put the Big Green ahead.

Unfortunately, the lead wouldn't last long as Stephen Relsert put a ball past Cohen to tie the game at 1-1 just two minutes after the Dartmouth score.

The Cornell goal seemed to have energized the home, team as they held the Big Green without of shot for the reminder of the half, while posting six shots of their own, including two from leading scorer Haber, which Cohen was forced to make saves on.

Dartmouth closes the 2012 regular-season on Friday (Nov. 9) against Brown at 7 p.m. The game will be televised on Fox Soccer Channel as its "Game of the Week".

Dartmouth (8-7, 4-2) vs. Cornell (14-1, 5-1) Date: Nov 3, 2012   Attendance: 711

Goals by period               1  2 OT O2  Tot
Dartmouth...........          1  0  0  0 -  1
Cornell.............              1  0  0  1 -  2

1.  28:54 DART Heffron, Colin (Dzierzawski, Kevin) - cross from free  kick
2.  30:27 CORNELL Reisert, Stephen (Williams, Benjamin) - ball from Williams
3. 102:37 CORNELL Regan, Tyler (Reisert, Stephen)

Shots: Dartmouth 14, Cornell 28
Saves: Dartmouth 7 (Cohen, Noah 7), Cornell 7 (Pflasterer, Rick 7)