HANOVER, N.H.- Junior midfielder Marina Moschitto (Andover, Mass.) scored with 23 seconds remaining in the first half to spark the Dartmouth women's soccer team to a 3-0 victory over in-state rival, New Hampshire, at Burnham Field on Friday night.

With the squads deadlocked at 0-0 and time winding down in the half, Moschitto weaved through the New Hampshire (1-5-1) defense, took two quick steps at the top of the box, and drilled a shot into the upper right hand netting, sending the Big Green into the locker room with a 1-0 lead. 

Moschitto's goal proved to be the game-changer as Dartmouth (3-2-0) held the Wildcats without a shot in the second half and to just five shots throughout the contest.

The Big Green ramped up the offense in the second half, registering nine shots for a season-high 18 shots throughout the game. Sophomore reserve Tasha Wilkins (Portland, Ore.), seeing her first action of the season, made it count, and put the Big Green ahead 2-0 with a goal in the 70th minute.

Dartmouth's leading scorer from a season ago, found herself in the unmarked in the box and when the ball bounced her way she nailed it into the back of the net just past the outstretched hands of New Hampshire goalkeeper, Erica Correa.

New Hampshire never threated in the second half and a header from junior Chrissy Lozier (Fairfield, Conn.) put the Big Green ahead for good.

The Big Green's three goals tonight matches its season-high and gives the team nine markers on the year, tying the amount of goals the squad scored during the entire 2011 season.

The opening minutes of the game resembled a ping-pong match with both teams going back-and-forth with long balls from end line to end line. Midway through the half the Big Green settled down and was able to move the ball around efficiently on the New Hampshire end of the field.

The Dartmouth defense, spearheaded by goalkeeper Tatiana Saunders (Rye, N.Y.), limited the Wildcats to just two really good chances in the first stanza while peppering UNH's goalkeeper on the other end.  Saunders recorded her first shutout of the season and made three saves.

The Big Green midfield and defense spread out the UNH attack by playing long balls down the sidelines, which the Dartmouth forwards ran onto for lots of crossing opportunities.

Senior tri-captain Aurelia Solomon (Washington, D.C.) had a chance to give Dartmouth an early lead on a beautiful set piece from just across midfield. Solomon placed the ball perfectly inside the box and it took a slight bounce, which was just enough to keep Wilkins from putting a foot on it and blasting it past Correa.

Minutes later Wilkins had another prime opportunity. She placed her head on a ball off a cross, forcing Correa to come out and make a point-blank save to keep the Big Green off the board. 

Dartmouth heads to the Bronx to take on Fordham in non-conference action on Sunday (Sept. 16). Kickoff is set for 12 p.m. at Fordham's Coffey Field.

New Hampshire (1-5-1) vs. Dartmouth (3-2-0)
Date: Sep 14, 2012  Attendance: 707 Weather:

Goals by period                    1  2  Tot
New Hampshire.......                0  0 -  0
Dartmouth...........                     1  2 -  3

1.  44:37 DART Moschitto, Marina (1) (unassisted) -  two dribbles drilled to upper 90
2.  69:47 DART Wilkins, Tasha (1) (unassisted) - bouncing around in box to goal
3.  85:12 DART Lozier, Chrissy (2) (Hamlin, Libby) - header to goal

Shots: New Hampshire 5, Dartmouth 18
Saves: New Hampshire 8 (Correa, Erica 8), Dartmouth 3 (Saunders, Tatiana 3)