BOSTON, Mass. — With goals from Kayla Cappuzzo and Carly Wilhelm, the Northeastern women's soccer team (4-4-1) claimed a 2-0 victory over Boston University (0-9-0) on Thursday night at Nickerson Field.
Scoring opportunities were numerous for the Huskies as eight different players tallied shots for a team total of 12 shots (five shots on goal).
• The momentum started in the first half as Hannah Lopiccolo forced a BU turnover and passed the ball to Hannah Rosenblatt. After some back and forth with her teammates, Rosenblatt sent a long through ball to Cappuzzo up the middle. Cappuzzo continued up the center and fired off a shot from eight yards out, sneaking it past BU goalkeeper Bridget Conway at 28:21.
• Kerri Zerfoss took a free kick late in the second half, passing the ball to Carly Wilhelm in the upper left corner of the box. Wilhelm dribbled around defenders and sent a left-footed shot into the top of the net at 73:10 for her first goal of the season.
• Cappuzzo scored the 12th goal of her career and is now tied for 14th on NU's all-time goals list. The Huskies have never lost a game in which Cappuzzo has scored, improving to 11-0-0 all-time when the Merrick, New York native gets on the board.
• Rosenblatt added her third assist of the season, bringing her season point total to nine, a team high for 2016.
• NU goalkeeper Nathalie Nidetch registered six saves, including a dramatic diving save at 83:10 to keep the Terriers off the board. She also tallied her third shutout of the year.
• Thursday's victory marks Northeastern's fourth straight win over Boston University.
Northeastern's next matchup will take place on Sunday at 1 p.m as part of the women's soccer Alumnae Weekend. The Huskies will take on New Hampshire in their final non-conference matchup of the season.