CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Northeastern women's soccer team (8-5-1, 3-1-0 CAA) completed a perfect road weekend with three more points on Sunday in a 2-1 win over the College of Charleston (8-4-1, 1-1-1 CAA) at Patriots Point.
Senior Mackenzie Dowd and junior Carly Wilhelm scored for the Huskies, who snapped the Cougars' nine-game unbeaten run to remain on top of the CAA standings with nine points.
Sophomore Nathalie Nidetch stopped four shots to finish the weekend with 11 saves in two matches.
• Dowd gave NU the lead inside 10 minutes when she fired home a Hannah Lopiccolo corner kick from the center of the box in the seventh minute.
• Northeastern padded its advantage on the other side of halftime when Wilhelm found the back of the net from deep in the box in the 56th minute.
• The Cougars cut into the deficit with a set-piece goal of their own at 77:04 when Rio Speller-Drews headed home a Laura Ortega corner kick.
• The Huskies improved to 4-0-0 all-time against the College of Charleston.
• NU won its third straight CAA road game.
• The Huskies have won five of their last six matches overall.
• Five of Northeastern's eight wins this season have come away from home.
• Dowd notched her first goal of the season and 15th career goal, tying her for 10th all-time in program history with teammate Hannah Lopiccolo.
• Wilhelm netted her second goal of the season; six different Huskies have now scored two or more goals this year.
• Wilhelm posted her second career game-winning goal (Aug. 23, 2015 at Furman).
• NU ended the Cougars' nine-game unbeaten run.
• Sophomore Eve Goulet made her first collegiate start and played 64 minutes on defense.
After starting conference play with four straight road games, the Huskies will return home for a pair of matches at Parsons Field next weekend. NU will host William & Mary on Friday, Oct. 7 at 6 p.m., before welcoming Elon on Sunday, Oct. 9 at noon.