LAWRENCEVILLE, NJ – Princeton’s Jeremy Colvin scored the game-winning goal off a corner in the 108th minute as the Tigers defeated the Rider University men’s soccer team, 1-0, in double overtime Wednesday night. With the loss, the Broncs fall to 1-5-1, while the Tigers are now 4-3-0.
Both teams had quality scoring chances throughout the game, with the Tigers taking a 17-10 advantage in shots, including a 4-3 edge in shots on target.
The decisive goal came off a Bryan Prudil corner kick. Richard Wolf collected the ball at the far, right post and left it off for Colvin, who knocked it in from close range.
Quotes and Notes
“We’ve got to keep going at it. We’ve got to just keep getting into better spots and try to finish off our attempts. I think this thing is going to fall into place eventually. Sooner or later our chances are going to fall and I feel very good about this team.” – Rider Head Coach Charlie Inverso
- Princeton now leads the all-time series with the Broncs, 15-3-3.
- The Broncs were also without All-MAAC back Sylvain Coco (Nimes, France/University of Montpellier), who was serving a suspension following a red card against Temple.
- Alejandro Perez (New Milford, NJ/New Milford) made his first-career start for Rider.
Broncs By The Numbers
- Pablo Gatinois (Madrid, Spain/Lycee Francais de Madrid [Oregon State]) made the start in goal for the Broncs and made three saves.
- Princeton took an 8-6 advantage in corner kicks.
- Aaron Gabriel (Louisville, KY/Louisville Collegiate School) took a team-high three shots, while Pablo DeCastro (Madrid, Spain/Universidad Francisco de Vitoria) and Elliott Otmani (La Ciotat, France/Bonaparte) took two each.