Saints Fall in Home Finale
LOUDONVILLE, NY – Eamon Whelan and Rashawn Dally both scored midway through the second half to propel defending MAAC Regular Season Champion and preseason favorite Quinnipiac past Siena Soccer 2-0 at Siena Turf Field. Senior goalkeeper Aleksa Radosavljevic made six saves for the Saints in the team’s final home match of 2017.
Whelan assisted on Dally’s goal to finish with three points for Quinnipiac (6-8-1, 5-3) which has won five of seven. The Bobcats held a 16-8 advantage in shots, while Siena (3-6-7, 1-3-4) harbored a 6-4 margin in corners.
The physical affair in which a combined nine total cards were issued remained scoreless into the 65th minute when Whelan put Quinnipiac in front. Matthew Taylor fed Paulo Soares who sent in a long service from the left which Whelan finished in close.
The Bobcats then received a key insurance goal 11 minutes later from Dally. Whelan battled with the both the keeper and a defender by the right post before eventually connecting with the unmarked Dally who tapped in the marker by the far left post.
Chrysostomos Iakovidis made two saves to record the clean sheet for Quinnipiac which has captured four of the five meetings between the programs since the Bobcats joined the MAAC.
The Saints will now close out their regular season slate with a pair of road matches. First up is a date at Saint Peter’s Saturday at 2 p.m.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: Sept. 25-October 1
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Women's Division I College Scoreboard
- IMG Top Club Soccer Players: Boys 2025
- TDS Men's Division l Top 25: September 25
- Commitments: Southeast Star Decides
- U16 GNT Announced for Florida Camp
- TDS Women's Division l Top 25: September 25
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Update - Girls
- Regional Roundup: California
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s