TDS Division I Top 25 Rankings: March 8
Changes abound in this week's men's Division I Top 25 rankings update.
With Georgetown drawing away from home against Providence (one of the new entrants in the Top 25), Clemson now sits as the No. 1 team in the TDS Top 25. The ACC side returned to action at home on Sunday, easily defeating Syracuse by a 3-1 score. Clemson will be without Philip Mayaka and Kimarni Smith for the spring portion of the season, however.
Several other ranked teams lost as the men's DI schedule continued. SMU lost 2-0 on the road to Temple, Pittsburgh suffered a 3-0 defeat against North Carolina in Chapel Hill, and Kentucky lost its Conference USA opener in overtime, a 2-1 result against Charlotte at home. Oral Roberts, Ohio State, Missouri State and Seton Hall edged into this week's rankings.
On the women's side, changes were much more minimal at the top. Florida State and North Carolina remain idle in regard to competitive games, although the former played an exhibition against Florida and the latter squared off against North Carolina Courage. UCLA remains the No. 3 team, defeating both Oregon schools in Westwood over the weekend to continue a strong start to the spring campaign. Pac-12 peer California suffered a first loss of the season against Colorado to drop out of the Top 10.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: August 8-14
- 2022 DI College Soccer Preview Content
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Five Key Players for the U.S. U20 WNT
- Commitments: A Small-Town Success Story
- Recapping the USL League Two Season
- U20 WNT Ready to Showcase Attacking Talent
- 2022 Big Ten Women's Soccer Preview
- Best Unsigned MLS NEXT All Stars
- College Players Abound on U20 WC Rosters
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s