Tulsa Drops 1-0 Decision at SMU

September 22, 2018

The Tulsa men’s soccer team dropped a 1-0 decision to SMU on Saturday morning at Crum Lacrosse and Sports Field in Dallas, Texas.  TU fell to 3-4-1 on the season and 0-1 in American Athletic Conference play, while the Mustangs moved to 4-3-1 overall and 1-0 in the league.


The game was originally scheduled for Friday night, but had to be moved to Saturday morning due to inclement weather.


“The guys handled all the distractions really well,” Head Coach Tom McIntosh said.  “We didn’t come out with the exact same energy we did yesterday and then we conceded an early goal, which was disappointing because we had to play uphill for the rest of the game.  The guys worked really hard and continued to push, but we just couldn’t quite open them up like we wanted too.  I am proud of the guys in how they responded and dealt with the adversity.  Fortunately, we have a tough group and one we are super proud to be coaching.”


Lane Warrington gave the Mustangs an early 1-0 lead as he shot from the left side off a pass from Nicky Hernandez with just 3:31 ticked off the clock and neither team was able to score in the remaining 86:29 of the contest for the final score.


SMU had an 8-5 lead in shots, including a narrow 5-4 edge in shots on goal, and a 5-1 lead in corner kicks.


Munashe Raranje had a team-best two shots, while Chase Bromstedt, Alex Harris and Ryan Alpers all had one attempt.  Cooper Clark logged all 90 minutes in goal and picked up three saves.


Tulsa will return to action on Monday, September 24 at #4 Denver.  Game time is set for 8:00 pm in Denver, Colo.


Scoring Summary

Tulsa       0               0               -                 0

SMU        1               0               -                 1


Individual Scoring

Lane Warrington (SMU) at 3:31 (Nicky Hernandez)


Goalkeeper Saves

Cooper Clark (Tulsa) – 3

Tulsa Team – 1

Grant Makela (SMU) – 4




Trending Videos
IMG Top 150 Rankings
see full ranking:
Boys Girls

College Rankings HQ