Alabama native Ikoba signs with Portland
For Tega Ikoba, it's been a roundabout path to a pro career.
The Madison, Alabama native relocated to Portland to play with the Timbers Academy, before joining North Carolina in the fall of 2021.
After one season in Chapel Hill, he returns to Portland after signing a Homegrown deal with the franchise this week.
“We are delighted to announce the signing of Tega and would like to thank his family for putting their trust in our club and academy. Tega has spent a considerable amount of time with the first team over the last couple of years and has shown continuous growth throughout the years,” Gavin Wilkinson, general manager and president of soccer for the Timbers, said in a press release. “His skill set and attributes make him a very exciting player to watch, and we look forward to his maturation as a player.”
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: January 17-23
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Look back: Standouts from ECNL NSG - FL
- Recruiting Views: Back in the mix
- NYCFC add Homegrown trio, two from ACC
- Boys ECNL National Event FL Preview
- Commitments: A goalkeeper's choice
- Revolution add Noel Buck as Homegrown
- GA announces Champions League details
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s