Georgetown star joins EPL club
Former Georgetown men’s soccer standout Jacob Montes has signed with English Premier League side Crystal Palace, the club announced this week.
Montes recently ended a stellar career with the Big East power back in April, leaving the men’s DI spring season early to go on trial with Palace. He scored 15 goals and had 16 assists in 73 appearances for Georgetown, and was the Big East Midfielder of the Year in 2019, helping the Hoyas win the national championship that fall.
“I’m extremely excited. It’s been a dream to be a professional soccer player since I could walk, really, so to be able to sign for a Premier League club is incredible. “I want to try to make a good impression, and do whatever I can to perform at the highest level.”
The Florida native played a season for the Portland Timbers Academy before heading off to Georgetown. According to the Washington Post, Montes won't be able to qualify for a work permit and is likely to spend the 2021-22 season on loan with a club on the European continent.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: May 16-22
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Big 12 Women's Breakout Players to Know
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Update - Girls
- Commitments: A defender picks for 2023
- MLS Next Flex Under-16 Best XI
- YNT ID Roster - Chicago 06/07
- MLS Next Flex Under-15 Best XI
- Photo Gallery from MLS Next Flex
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s