Holcom Scores Trine Game-Winner over Adrian
ADRIAN, Mich. - The Trine University men’s soccer team picked up their first conference win of the season as they defeated Adrian College 1-0. The Thunder improve to 3-5 on the season and 1-2 in the MIAA.
Trine had four shots on goal in the first half, but were unable to take a lead before halftime.
Senior Curtis Holcom (Converse, Ind./Oak Hill) would score the game-winner at 69:49 for his team-leading sixth goal of the season. Sophomore Karston Shephard (Plainfield, Ind./Plainfield) found Holcom for the goal for his third assist of the year.
The two sides would combine for 23 shots in the second half, but Holcom would be the only one to find the back of the net.
Sophomore Chris Stewart (Rochester Hills, Mich./Rochester) made seven saves in net for the Thunder to earn his third shutout of the year.
Freshman JJ Murray (Chester, England) led all players with six shots in the game including four on goal. Holcom also tallied four shots, with three on target.
Trine will look to continue their winning ways when they host Albion College on September 26 for a 4:00 p.m. match.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: December 11-17
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Tracking Division I Coaching Changes
- Boys High School A-A Game Star Performers
- MLS NEXT Fest: Day 6 Standouts
- Girls High School A-A Game Star Performers
- College Cup: Men's Final Preview
- IMG Top Club Soccer Players: Girls 2024
- MLS Next Fest: Goal scorers From Day 5
- MLS Next Fest: Day 4 Standouts