Hope Rallies, Downs Adrian In 2OT
Junior Cameron Dice scored in double overtime to lift the Hope men's soccer team to a 2-1 win against visiting Adrian on Saturday at Van Andel Soccer Stadium.
The Flying Dutchmen (12-4-1 overall) netted the last two goals of the match to move into sole possession of second place in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) standings. They are 8-3 in league play and trail league-leading Calvin by three points.
Dice, a midfielder from Allendale (Hudsonville Unity Christian HS), scored with 1 minute, 18 seconds remaining in the second overtime period. His fourth goal of the season came from 10 yards out off an assist from junior midfielder Tarwo Konbloa of Kentwood (East Kentwood HS).
Hope tied the score at 1-1 in the 76th minute when junior back Logan Sikkenga of Hudsonville (Hudsonville HS) recorded his sixth goal of the season. It was unassisted.
Sophomore Ethan Beswick of Grand Haven (Grand Haven HS) posted three saves for the Flying Dutchmen.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: December 4-10
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Tracking Division I Coaching Changes
- Boys High School A-A Game Star Performers
- MLS NEXT Fest: Day 6 Standouts
- Girls High School A-A Game Star Performers
- College Cup: Men's Final Preview
- IMG Top Club Soccer Players: Girls 2024
- MLS Next Fest: Goal scorers From Day 5
- MLS Next Fest: Day 4 Standouts