No. 22 Hope Tops No. 6 Dominican (Ill.)
Senior Jason Muller and the Hope men’s soccer team beat a second nationally ranked foe in a week on Saturday, blanking No. 8 Dominican (Ill.) University 3-0 on the road.
The Flying Dutchmen (4-1-1 overall) won their fourth consecutive match. They beat then fourth-ranked Wheaton (Ill.) College on Sept. 7 at home.
Hope scored three times during the second half.
Muller, a forward from Petoskey (Petoskey HS), netted two of them to give him three on the season. He scored on assists from junior midfielder Cameron Dice of Allendale (Hudsonville Unity Christian HS) both times — in the 55th and 83rd minutes, respectively.
Sophomore midfielder/forward David Porte of Mattawan (Mattawan HS) had Hope’s second goal. He scored off an assist from senior back Grant Neil of Holland (West Ottawa) in the 65th minute.
Goalie Ethan Beswick of Grand Haven (Grand Haven HS) recorded five saves to earn the shutout.
Hope returns to action on Tuesday, Sept. 17 when it kicks off Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association (MIAA) play at Calvin College at 4:30 p.m.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: December 4-10
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Tracking Division I Coaching Changes
- MLS Next Fest: Day 4 Standouts
- College Cup: Notre Dame Reaches Final
- College Cup: Clemson Holds off WVU
- Girls HS A-A Game Roster Breakdown
- MLS Next Fest: Day 3 Standouts
- Boys HS A-A Game Roster Breakdown
- ECNL Girls New England Players to Watch