Sullivan Scores Twice to Lead Trine to Victory
ALBION, Mich. - Two second half goals by senior Sean Sullivan (Brighton, Mich./Brighton) led the Trine University men’s soccer team to a 2-0 shutout over Albion College. The Thunder are now 9-2-2 on the year and 5-2-1 in the conference.
Albion actually outshot the Thunder in the first half 4-to-2, but Trine turned it around in the second half. Trine outshot the Britons 8-to-3 in the final period.
Sullivan pulled in his third goal of the season when he scored unassisted in the 68th minute. Sullivan found the back of the net again with just 24 seconds left in the game. Sullivan’s second goal came on assists from senior Femi Adediji (Cedar Park, Tex./Vista Ridge) and junior Andre Hilson (Bremen, Ind./Bremen).
Between the pipes for the Thunder, senior Nick Thon (South Haven, Mich./South Haven) made two saves to earn his ninth shutout of the season, which according to current statistics available is a school record.
With the shutout, the Thunder move into a tie for the national lead for shutouts with 10.
Trine will take a few days off before traveling to Alma College for a 2:30 p.m. match on October 15.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: December 4-10
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Tracking Division I Coaching Changes
- Boys High School A-A Game Star Performers
- MLS NEXT Fest: Day 6 Standouts
- Girls High School A-A Game Star Performers
- College Cup: Men's Final Preview
- IMG Top Club Soccer Players: Girls 2024
- MLS Next Fest: Goal scorers From Day 5
- MLS Next Fest: Day 4 Standouts