Taking a close look at the U20 MNT pool
The U.S. U20 Men’s National Team completed its third event for this cycle on Sunday with a 2-0 loss to River Plate in the Dallas Cup SuperGroup final. The second place finish highlighted a positive week for the coaching staff, which used the elite tournament as another tool to help evaluate the pool of players available for the 2015 U20 World Cup.
“It was a great week here,” U20 MNT head coach Tab Ramos said after the game on Sunday. “I couldn’t have painted a better picture. What we wanted was to play five competitive games and we did that, and I have a pretty good idea of the beginning of what our roster will look like come January [in CONCACAF qualifying]."
Ramos has now seen 50 players through the three camps. With the next camp next month at NC State, the pool is only going to expand from this point. Here is a glance at the current outlook of the squad.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: August 15-21
- 2022 DI College Soccer Preview Content
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- 2022 Women's Division I Preseason Awards
- Top Women’s Division I Pro Prospects
- Final 2022 Women's DI Recruiting Ranks
- U17 WNT Roster for Friendlies in Spain
- USA U20s 0-3 Netherlands: Three Thoughts
- Women's College Previews: ASUN to MAAC
- TDS Women's Division I Top 25: Preseason
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s