Trine Earns Third Straight Shutout in Win over Transylvania
ANGOLA, Ind. - On the opening night of the Ketner Classic, the Trine University men’s soccer team scored their third straight shutout to start the season in a 2-0 win over Transylvania. The Thunder are now 2-0-1 to start the year.
Neither team had many opportunities in the first half as Trine tallied two shots on goal, while the Pioneers had just one.
The second half saw the Thunder come out firing, looking to set the tone early. Junior Curtis Holcom (Converse, Ind./Oak Hill) netted his second goal of the season in the 63rd minute off an assist from senior Sean Sullivan (Brighton, Mich./Brighton). Just one minute later it was senior Foster Webb (Auburn, Ind./Dekalb) netting his first goal of the year coming on an assist from sophomore Samuel Seibolt (Olathe, Kan./DeSoto).
That was all the Thunder and senior goalkeeper Nick Thon (South Haven, Mich./South Haven) would need. Thon made two saves in net earning the win and his third shutout.
Trine held a 15-to-11 shot advantage on the night including a 7-to-2 advantage in shots on goal.
Trine will return to action for the final game of the Ketner Classic on Saturday, September 10 at 2:30 p.m. where they will take on Manchester College.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: December 4-10
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Tracking Division I Coaching Changes
- Boys High School A-A Game Star Performers
- MLS NEXT Fest: Day 6 Standouts
- Girls High School A-A Game Star Performers
- College Cup: Men's Final Preview
- IMG Top Club Soccer Players: Girls 2024
- MLS Next Fest: Goal scorers From Day 5
- MLS Next Fest: Day 4 Standouts