Trine Falls in Home Finale
ANGOLA, Ind. - It was a tough end to the home season for the Trine University men’s soccer team as they fell on Senior Day 2-0 to Hope. The loss also eliminated the Thunder from making the MIAA Tournament with their conference record now at 5-7-1 and an overall record of 7-10-1 on the season.
Hope would score the only goal they would need just eight minutes into the game on a long pass that found a player deep in Thunder territory for the goal. The Flying Dutchmen would add their other goal just before the half in the 41st minute on a free kick from nearly 35 yards out.
Trine was out-shot 21-8 on the afternoon as sophomore goalie Chris Stewart (Rochester Hills, Mich./Rochester) made nine saves.
The Thunder’s lone shot on goal came from senior Andre Hilson (Bremen, Ind./Bremen). Trine also celebrated the careers of Jordan Diemer (Byron Center, Mich./Unity Christian), Curtis Holcom (Converse, Ind./Oak Hill) and David Murray (Bolingbrook, Ill./Naperville Central) in their final home game in a Thunder uniform.
Trine will wrap-up their season with a road game at Olivet on October 30 at 4:00 p.m.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: December 4-10
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Tracking Division I Coaching Changes
- Boys High School A-A Game Star Performers
- MLS NEXT Fest: Day 6 Standouts
- Girls High School A-A Game Star Performers
- College Cup: Men's Final Preview
- IMG Top Club Soccer Players: Girls 2024
- MLS Next Fest: Goal scorers From Day 5
- MLS Next Fest: Day 4 Standouts