Trine Men's Soccer Drops Opener
FRANKLIN, Ind. - The Trine University men’s soccer team had a rough start to their season as they dropped their opener on Friday to Rose-Hulman 3-0 at the Daniel Schuetz Community Classic hosted by Franklin College. Trine’s game scheduled for Saturday against Franklin was cancelled due to weather.
Rose-Hulman scored their first goal at 18:25 of the first despite the Thunder outshooting them 4-to-2 in the half.
The second half was all Rose-Hulman as they held a 6-0 shot advantage while tacking on goals in the 46th and 55th minutes.
Junior Karston Shephard (Plainfield, Ind./Plainfield) and freshman Bill Wilson (Mason, Mich./Mason) had Trine’s only shots on goal.
Junior goalie Chris Stewart (Rochester Hills, Mich./Rochester) made two saves in net for the Thunder over 82 minutes and change. Freshman Ian Jindrich (Aurora, Ill./Metea Valley) played the final 7:19 between the pipes but did not record a save.
The game against Franklin could be made up at a later date.
Trine’s next schedule game sends them to Chicago where they face Illinois Tech on September 6 at 5:00 p.m. (CST).
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: December 4-10
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Tracking Division I Coaching Changes
- Boys High School A-A Game Star Performers
- MLS NEXT Fest: Day 6 Standouts
- Girls High School A-A Game Star Performers
- College Cup: Men's Final Preview
- IMG Top Club Soccer Players: Girls 2024
- MLS Next Fest: Goal scorers From Day 5
- MLS Next Fest: Day 4 Standouts